Burnham Neighbourhood Plan
The Parish Council and local residents are working to create a Neighbourhood Plan for Burnham – a strategy that will direct how Burnham develops over the next 20 years. The Plan will cover areas including housing, roads, footpaths, infrastructure, parks and playgrounds, local services, and businesses and the High Street. It will outline the current issues, and say what improvements need to happen to make Burnham a better, more vibrant, safer, and more beautiful place to live.
Terms of reference for the working group can be seen here.
A community consultation event in 2018 identified seven visions for Burnham that are forming the basis of the plan
1. A cohesive village community
2. Creating a thriving local economy
3. Improving infrastructure
4. Controlling and planning development to enable local people to stay in Burnham
5. Respecting the design and character of different areas
6. Protecting our rural and urban green spaces
7. Providing facilities for everyone
Research and Content
Design Characteristics - Street Index